99 A Funny Experience About Me Accepting my Second Animal Guide


      I had learned to journey to find my first animal guide, a wolf, and assumed that one animal guide would be it. But I guess another guide decided I needed to work with him also.  This time, I was introduced to my new animal guide in some very unusual ways.
       As usual, my West Highland Terrier started barking to let me know it was time to accompany him on a walk. I swear he has a clock somewhere hidden inside of that white body of his because if I'm even five minutes late, he barks to reprimand me.  I clipped his leash on, and we were on our way.   It was a beautiful day, not too hot, not too cold.  Cawing sounds came from above, so I looked up to see one blackbird fly above me to perch on a tree nearby.   I was familiar with their routine, but suddenly, the other one flew right across the road about 15 feet in front of me.  Now that was strange, that had never happened.  And then, within seconds, the other flew low, close to the road, to the other side.  I looked on the street, thinking there might be some squished lizard or a squirrel, so these birds were upset that I had walked too close to their dinner. But there wasn't anything there.  
       The following day three giant blackbirds kept flying back and forth in front of me, surprisingly close, cawing like crazy as if they were mad at me.  I was a little worried that I was going to be dive-bombed. Topper looked up and started barking furiously, possibly thinking he was protecting me until I quieted him down.  Maybe the birds were having fun harassing my dog. When I got home, I researched what type of birds I had seen within the last few days because I honestly wasn't sure if they were Ravens or Blackbirds. They resembled a Raven to a tee.
       Then the following morning, I was driving down Topanga Cyn. to school when a Raven flew low, right in front of my car, I had to step on my brake, or I would have hit it.  This time I wondered if the 'Raven' was trying to introduce himself to me as my animal guide.  But I already had one; can I have two?  Naw, one guide is enough, I thought.
      That same week I walked into our Topanga Homegrown Store, and right on the display table sat a fountain about two feet high. And what do you think was perched on the edge of it? Yup, a Raven. I thought, no way. This has to be a Black Bird.  Still, I couldn't accept that a gross Raven wanted to be my Animal Guide. And again, I wondered why I was being harassed by Ravens lately.  I tried to pick the fountain up, but I couldn't because it was too heavy, so a curly-headed saleswoman asked if she could help me. I told her I needed to find out what type of bird it was. She said, "I think it's a Raven, but let's make sure." with great difficulty, she picked the fountain up, and I looked under the base. Sure enough, the little label read, ''aven.'' I thanked her. 
      I rushed outside, freaking out. I had journeyed to find my first Animal Guide a few years earlier. It was a wolf, but was another animal introducing itself to me? Not. I told Alan about the Ravens, and he guaranteed me that Ravens do not live in this hemisphere. However, I disagreed with him. I got online again, this time comparing the characteristics of a Raven and a Blackbird, just in case the birds I had seen were Blackbirds. They were Ravens because they were huge, and they had this funky bump on the top of their bill.  I, of course, let Alan know of my findings and teased him about actually being wrong about something. 
     I was a bit upset. There's the way that a Raven is my animal guide. It eats roadkill. Gross! Why can't a second animal guide be a lion or a bear? You know... strong, giant animals? I still refused to accept my 2nd animal guide. 
     Then a week later, I was returning home from work, driving up Topanga Blvd. when I whipped around one of the many big curves. ""hit!""I yelled. Instantly, I rammed on the brakes, and my car skidded to a stop. A Raven had flown down from the nearby hill and landed in the road one hundred feet in front of my car.  It was huge. It bent its head down a little bit and stared at me as if looking right into my soul. And within seconds, it flew off, and I continued to drive home.  It seemed as if the Raven was on the lookout for my Mini Cooper. Are animals that intelligent?
     My heartbeat refused to slow down, ""all right, all right, I get it. A Raven is one of my animal guides. Thank you. I accept the gift.""I felt I had to say something because I kept being visually bombarded with Ravens everywhere I went the last few weeks. I thought maybe if I accepted them as my guide, they would leave me alone. I steadied my breath as I continued to drive home.
     I told Alan what had happened, and he said, "there aren't any Ravens in this hemisphere.""(I'm sure he rolled his eyes, but I couldn't see them since he was doing some drafting.)
     "Alan, I told you, I did some research.  It was a Raven, and they do live in this hemisphere,""I responded, a bit annoyed because he still insisted that it was a Blackbird.

    Blackbird (left)...Raven (right)                         
 Image result for black bird      Image result for raven
    Yes, there are many types of blackbirds and ravens, but they still look very different.

     Later, in a shamanic journey, I asked its name. His name is Bitza. I looked up how a Raven is supposed to help me and wasn't surprised why he was one of my Guides.
     I now work with my wolf and the Raven all the time when helping others heal.
     Be open to any animal that might introduce itself within a three or four-week period. It could be a  spider, a worm,  or an elephant.  If you don't accept it, it will give up.  Be observant because you might see the animal in a book, a poster, a dream, a cloud, etc.;  
   Then once you find one, get online and see how to journey, start reading about your spirit animal, welcome them into your life.  Ask their name. Tell your spirit animal that you are open to working with them. You will be surprised at how much they can help you.

Check out Blog 98 - How I journeyed to find my first animal guide
https://othersideofloss.blogspot.com/2019/03/98-finding-your-spirit-or-animal-guide.html    
   
How to meet your spirit guide and work with him/her:

 https://www.spiritanimal.info/how-to-find-spirit-animal/

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=How+can+I+work+with+my+animal+guide&channel=cus2#kpvalbx=_EVIwXsyKDpLZ9AP7yYaoAQ28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for leaving a comment.