75 Cleansing your house of negative energy will help with positive mood and clearer thinking


   Only after I began taking Reiki classes, a natural healing technique, did I learn the importance of cleansing my house. Yes, I’ve heard of cleaning the house, something I rarely have time for, so I pay someone else to do it. But few people have heard of cleansing the house of negative energy. Now that I clear my home, I notice when the air feels stagnant, and the energy stuck.
   The last few years of teaching, I tried to cleanse my classroom once a week; I should have done it every day. Kids who I didn’t know what I had done came and sat in my classroom during lunch or before school, and even between classes. I asked them why they were here because many times their classroom was next door. One boy looked at me and smiled. "Ms. B., we feel so relaxed in this room. Please, is it okay to be here?
   Just think how much energy transpires in the place you are working: frustration, confusion, anger, worry. This negative energy is not only felt by you but also your coworkers.  And  think of the baggage you carry into the home and your worries about the various news that is happening around the world. Your body is on overload.
   There are numerous ways you can pick up negative energy.  If you are driving on the freeway, you pick up tons of it.  Or think about the arguments you’ve either had at work or at home or the negative thoughts and judgments you might have had in the course of one day. The negative energy not only grabs onto you, but it hangs heavily in the air. Ultimately if these negative thoughts continue, holes will start opening in your aura, (your energy field around you) eventually making you mentally or physically ill.  The aura is an electromagnetic field that surrounds every living being. Factors that influence the aura to change colors are emotions, physical condition, thoughts, level of consciousness, and reactions to surroundings.  The colors of your aura constantly change depending on what you say or think. 
   Also, if anyone in the house is ill; it’s time to clear the space. This will remove the stagnant air and help with the healing. I know, I know, you’re thinking not another chore.  Honest, it will only take 5 to 10 minutes to once or twice a week. And if you have older children, you can teach them how to do it. It will make a massive difference in everyone’s mood in the house.  It will also help release anxiety and stress from the demands of life. When you purify your home, you restore balance and harmony to everyone’s life that's living in the house.  
   I like to use Sage because I enjoy the woodsy smell and because it’s easy to get a hold of.  But Frankincense and Copal can also be used. Sage is one of the quickest ways to get rid of that negative energy. It has been a sacred plant that American Indians have used for thousands of years for healing, energy cleansing and various ceremonies.  I prefer the actual dried leaves which are bound together.

     Using Sage and Frankincense is an excellent combo for chasing away bad frequencies. If you don’t like the smell of Sage, Frankincense is an alternative that has a honey-like aroma.  It provides protection, raises spiritual awareness, and will ease everyone’s stress and anxiety.




 Image result for frankincense

 Frankincense
Image result for copal incense
Copal
   Another alternative is Copal incense. It is one of the oldest forms of energy cleansing. In fact, in the burial grounds at the Mayan and Aztec ruins, large amounts of Copal resin were found. The resin in the tree is known to have powerful medicinal properties after it sits for ten years curing. You can add it to Frankincense or just burn it alone to alter those negative thoughts into a peaceful, positive attitude.

    Many times you can find these incenses at a  spiritual/healing shop.

How to Cleanse Your Home of Negative Energy – Make it a habit
1.  Open all your windows and hook the curtains around something if they’re blocking too much of the window.  If possible, open all the doors. (Sometimes I can’t do this because there are too many bugs.) This will allow all the negative energy to escape. Pull the blinds up or the curtains back to let in the light.  I always do the cleanse during the day, when the sun is shining.  If I’m doing a quick cleansing, I don’t open the windows.
2.  I know this might sound crazy, but if your house is dirty and cluttered……get organized and clean it.  I've walked into three homes of hoarders, and it felt like someone punched me in the gut. I felt so nauseous. Negative spirits love to hide in this type of house, and negative energy gets stuck in this type of environment.  Get someone to help you if it’s too overwhelming. Notice how the energy in the house feels when you have a clean, organized house. If that's too overwhelming, clean one room at a time.
3.  Light the sage, but make sure you have a heat resistant dish or an abalone shell underneath to catch the falling embers.  I ask for my guides to come in to help me. “Please, dear Father, Mother, and Archangel Michael protect this house and let any negative energy be released.” (You can make up your own prayer and you can ask for any of your guides or angels to help.) If you want, as you smudge each room, say a special cleansing prayer or state your intention out loud. (There are tons of prayers on the internet that you can find if you don’t want to make up your own. This will amplify the cleansing.) I usually start in my kitchen and go clockwise around the house. If I have time, I place a cross on each window. Then I walk around waving my sage in the air, corners and in the closets. Rooms, where electronics are on all the time, need more clearing than others.
   Now, this I rarely do but here’s some additional clearing you can do if you have the time or if you have someone physically or mentally sick in the house. 
    Now that your space is clear, it’s time to fill it with positive energy, which is where the sacred Palo Santo, “holy wood” in Spanish, comes in. It has a slightly sweet and relaxing smell. It has been used for thousands of years. This ancient healing wood is known to bestow blessings of love and light. It is harvested from the Palo Santo trees of South America after it has naturally fallen on the ground. It takes between 4 -10 years for its natural healing powers to become potent. (If I remember right, I found this wood a little difficult to light.) Unlike most incense which burns easily, you must continue to blow on the piece of wood. Walk around your home with the holy wood and ask your angels to bless your space with positive energy.
   If you can’t handle the smell of incense:
    Buy some sea salt and place some in all four corners of each room.  This salt will suck up the bad energy and expel it. To boost the cleansing, grind up saffron and mix it into the salt. After about 48 hours, sweep or vacuum the salt and flush it down the toilet.
    Or you can use white candles which have been used for centuries to remove toxic vibes. There are also candles that are made with therapeutic oils, which makes the cleansing effect more powerful. Light the candle and say a prayer, then walk to each room-clearing your space, then blow it out. I prefer using incense, but Alan sometimes has difficulty with the Sage, so I clear the house once he leaves, I keep the windows open for a few hours. By the time he returns, he notices only a waft of the scent.
   Just like everything cleansing will become a habit, one that everyone in the house will thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for leaving a comment.