55 - The inability to forgive can cause mental or physical illness




   As a Reiki healer, I can’t tell you how many people I have worked on that have a mental or physical illness due to anger that is stuck in the body because they are unable to forgive. Many times we hold onto various negative emotions, and unless we release them, they brew and get stuck in a part of the body, thereby causing physical or mental illness.   One of my first experiences with this was when I was training in a natural healing workshop, a Reiki Master’s class.  We paired off and were told not to tell each other what our pains were because Jessica Miller, our teacher, wanted us, the healer, to feel or sense what needed to be healed the most.  Mark, my patient, (not his real name) was very congenial and lay down on the massage table.
    After placing Reiki signs on my hands and in the room, I scanned his body, a method picks up the areas blocked. My hands buzzed and hurt as I passed my hands over his lower back. I felt other areas that made my hands tingle, but nothing like the back.  I returned to the back and started healing that area. I saw a semi-dark room and a woman lowering herself on top of something. It was too dark for me to see. But I felt the fear of a young boy, no, it was a teenager.  The teacher asked us to finish up after about thirty minutes. I sealed the session, and Mrk sat up from the table.
   I told him that I had felt a tremendous amount of pain in his back. My stomach churned and my hands hurt.  He verified that he had some debilitating back problems which kept him from working full time.  I didn’t know this fellow student and felt very awkward about telling him what I saw, but because this was a workshop, I knew I had to.  I stumbled over my whispers when I asked him if he was sexually molested by his mother.  Tears welled up in his eyes. He shared that it his stepmother had raped him a couple of times when he was 16.  I told him that I was so sorry and gave him time to regain his composure.
   Then I asked him if he wanted to become unstuck and healed as quickly as he could so he could regain his life. He said, “Yes. I’d do anything. My boyfriend has been very supportive.”
   I shared that for him to regain his life, he had to forgive his stepmother. He didn’t have to forgive her actions, but he needed to forgive her if he wanted his back to heal. I reminded him that her spirit is pure and she, the human self, didn’t mean to cross the boundaries and hurt him.  I suggested that he pray every night for about two weeks before going to sleep, and let her spirit know that he has forgiven her.  And then he needs to remind himself that his light (his spirit) was never hurt or touched by her. I also suggested that he continue with Reiki healing.

  Some books you might want to check into Metaphysical  Anatomy Your Body is Talking, Are You Listening?  is a rather large book written by Evette Rose explaining why you have a cyst in your breast or have dementia, cancer, etc. An excellent small book that explains why you are sick/hurt in specific areas of your body and gives affirmations to say to reprogram your way of thinking – Heal Your Body by Louise Hayes.

Also, look at Blogs , 32, 36,and 51. These blogs teach different techniques to get you out of depression, and teach how to forgive self and others. Also, I'm not going to lie, going to various types of therapist saved my life when our daughter left and our son passed away from an overdose. It's almost been 10 years since we've seen our daughter, only a few letters have passed between us.

Post 7 -   https://othersideofloss.blogspot.com/2017/12/7-do-you-know-how-meditation-helps-or.html
Post 8 -   https://othersideofloss.blogspot.com/2017/12/8-when-you-lose-someone-to-alcohol-or.html 
Post 21 - https://othersideofloss.blogspot.com/2018/02/21-take-control-technique-for-you-and.html
Post 32 - https://othersideofloss.blogspot.com/2018/03/32-do-you-keep-reacting-to-something.html
Post 36 - https://othersideofloss.blogspot.com/2018/03/36-two-quick-techniques-for-adults-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for leaving a comment.